Monday, September 15, 2014

True Story - A Late Summer Gathering

     About three weeks ago, I received an invitation to an end-of-summer family gathering at a relative's home before the coming new school year.  I finally decided to go after some internal debate.  It is good to see everybody before the busy school year sets in, but sometimes these gatherings can become rather tiring after a while.
     Arriving and going inside, I found quite a crowd gathered, and I proceeded to catch up with my cousins around my age as we headed toward the food line.  After a good meal, we all sat around discussing various subjects, trips some had taken, school stuff, and various pastimes.  There were people there from young to old, and it gave everyone a chance to see the extended family before many went their separate ways during the school year.
     A couple of the younger gals, Judy and Barb, were especially boisterous as they, no doubt, were enjoying themselves before starting the upcoming school year.  I didn't mind their exuberance because they had good reasons to be excited, plus I remember my days not so long ago when I was about to enter those school grades and got a little noisy at times.  Anyway, it was good clean fun they were having, as I heard them in another room now.  I thought about leaving in a few minutes, but continued to talk with my aunts, uncles, and grandparents, at least for a little while longer.
     Suddenly, I heard an even louder commotion coming from the other room.  No problem--let them have their fun.  It doesn't bother me.  Then, I heard several female voices shouting, and then I heard mainly just two different voices above the clamor.  "No! . . .  No! . . .  No! . . .  No! . . . No! . . . ", they went on.  A few of us got up out of our chairs to see what all the hollering was about.  My view from the doorway gave me a shock; I didn't expect to see what I saw.  Usually, there's no drama to these get-togethers.  But this time it was different.
     By the time I looked through the doorway, a Grandmother of one of the gals and the Mother of the other gal were sitting down on two different benches across from each other.  I swallowed hard as I saw that each had a female cousin of mine across her lap, and just as I looked in, each cousin was getting her dress flipped up, and her underpants slipped down!  I stood dumbfounded, fearing what was going to happen next . . .  It didn't take long to see and hear what was taking place.  I saw Grandma's palm rise up and then come firmly down on Judy's bare bottom.  Slap!  Right away, the Mother raised her palm and brought it down on her daughter Barb's bare butt.  Slap!  What followed was a long series of steady slaps to both gals, one after the other.  Several other cousins were still in the room which had been filled with gaiety before all this drama started.  Evidently, the Mother and Grandmother had reached their boiling point.  What did the gals do to trigger this punishment?  Perhaps, it was something trivial, but by the end of summer, a certain stress had built up which called for some kind of release?
     Each of my two female cousins was held down firmly to the laps of their spankers.  Each was held down by a strong forearm, and no amount of kicking could jar them loose.  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  The room was filled with the sounds of open palms meeting butt skin.  The gals were maturing and growing from when I last saw them.  Of course, I never saw them like this before!  On the right, Judy's face, framed by pigtails, was towards me and showed her anguish.  She was blubbering now like a baby.  Barb's butt was facing me to the left, and I could see her kicking and squirming around, trying to break free.  Her butt cheeks were developing nicely and offered a good target for her Mother's slapping open hand.  Both the Grandma and Mother eagerly spanked the gals, and soon their palms were rising and falling in unison, so that both bare butts were slapped at the same time.  This made for quite a sound.
     Most everyone else had left the area, but for some reason, I couldn't take my eyes off the "show" that had begun here that I had not expected.  I quietly moved around the doorway and into the room, squatting down and leaning against the wall, trying to be inconspicuous.  I felt sorry for my cousins, that they would be a part of this spectacle, but then again, I sympathized with their elders in meting out proper discipline for any perceived naughtiness.  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!                         
Barb and Judy Get Good Spankings
Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  The spankings continued.  Barb's butt presented a rosy glow from the rhythmic encounter, and I could get a glimpse of Judy's butt as well, showing its own pink tones.  Both women went to town and seemed dedicated to correcting a younger person's behavior.  On and on it went with no sign of letup.  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  I had to admire these women's commitment to bringing up these two gals with old-fashioned discipline.  No amount of bawling and kicking would sway these women from their spanking mission.  Judy and Barb were getting their butts spanked good, alright, and I'm sure that it was for their benefit in the long run.  Surely, in years to come, they will look back and be glad these women cared enough about them to take time to lift their dresses, pull their underpants down, and deliver good, long spankings, don't you think?  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap! 
     This was all going through my mind, as I sat there intently staring at the activities before me.  I was smiling to myself, as I heard the distinct sounds of bare butts being slapped, as I saw two palms rising and falling onto bare butt cheeks.  I was smiling, because from what I could see, everything was as it should be--two caring women doing their duty in helping two young gals overcome naughty behavior.  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!
     During this whole episode, amid the whimpering and bawling sounds, I could occasionally hear phrases from the spankers:  "This is for your own good!"  "I didn't want to have to do this!"  "This hurts me more than it does you!"  But mostly, I heard the sounds of steady, long spankings--the sounds that fill a room when two open palms come down and swiftly meet nice butts:  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!  Slap!
     Suddenly, I was jarred out of my trance-like state, as it appeared that the spankings were over, with the gals underpants being pulled up and dresses smoothed down.  I stepped around and through the door opening, said a brief good-bye to those remaining, went out through the kitchen, and into my car.   I never did learn what infractions these gals committed, but that did not matter.  The important thing is that someone cared enough to help them learn right and wrong.  On my way home and then later into the night, I had much to think about.  The gathering had turned into something that I had not foreseen.  To think I almost had not gone.  Perhaps, I would be more inclined to go to the next family gathering.